This half-day course explores how to retain volunteers and reduce turnover which can be time consuming, and costly. The course is primarily designed for those with responsibility for managing or co-ordinating volunteers.
- Review why volunteers may be leaving your organisation
- Recognise why retaining volunteers is so important
- Develop good volunteering practice specific to your organisation
- Identify common volunteer retention issues
- Establish key elements of good practice
- Determine why volunteers stay / leave
- Explore how to retain volunteers
- Welcomes and Housekeeping
- Volunteer retention issues
- Why people volunteer?
- Good practice
Management good practice
Support & supervision
- How to retain volunteers
Up to 3 hours (i.e. 10am to 1pm) including a 15 minute break
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.