Charity Trustee Training
This one-day course is designed for those thinking about becoming a trustee and for new or existing trustees who could benefit from some formal training around their roles, particularly identifying trustee responsibilities and liabilities.
- Define the legal status of Trustees
- Recognise ways to reduce associated risks and potential legal challenges
- Develop good practice specific to your organisation
- Establish who can and who can't be a trustee
- Summarise trustee roles, responsibilities and liabilities
- Identify the 3 strands of governance
- Review your role and responsibility for good financial management
- Welcomes and Housekeeping
- Participant Introductions
- What is a trustee?
- Who can be a trustee?
- Roles, responsibilities and liabilities
Governing without managing
Corporate / fiduciary
- Relationship with chair and chief executive
- Understanding finance
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.