Assertiveness - Introduction
This is a 1 day course (day 1 of our 3 day workshop) and therefore is seen as an introduction to the Assertiveness model only. The course allows participants to identify specific areas in life they would like to change. At the end of the training, participants should not consider themselves as assertive, but they will leave with some tools and techniques to start their journey. Some people find this training difficult as it challenges the areas they find hard to confront.
- Improve interpersonal skills
- Communicate more effectively with others
- Develop confidence and negotiation skills
- Start using some simple assertiveness tools
- Define what Assertiveness is (the skills) and what it isn't
- Explore what our 'rights' are and associated 'responsibilities'
- Undertake a practical exercise on making and refusing a request
- Identify the 4 classic behaviour types
- Welcomes and Housekeeping
- Participant Introductions
- Group Agreement
- Hopes & Anxieties
- Introduction To assertiveness
- Basic Assertiveness Skills (Model)
- Bill of Rights and Responsibilities (Framework)
- Making a request - (introducing the skills)
- Refusing requests
- Classic Behaviour Types
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
Type of organisation
charitable/not for profit
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.