Introduction to Managing Volunteers
This half-day training is a 'cut down' version of our one-day volunteer management course and should be seen as an introduction only, exploring some of the basics. It is primarily designed for those who are new to managing or co-ordinating volunteers.
- Establish certain key principles of working with volunteers
- Recognise the benefits of good supervision
- Reduce potential problems and liabilities when using volunteers
- Establish why people volunteer and why they don't/stop volunteering
- Examine the status of volunteers and recognise ways of reducing associated risks
- Discuss ways to support and supervise your volunteers
- Identify why volunteers could be suspended
- Introductions and housekeeping
- What is volunteering?
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteer Status
- Volunteer Induction - Good Practice
- Support and Supervision
- Suspension of volunteers
Up to 3 hours (i.e. 10am to 1pm) including a 15 minute break
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.