Recruiting Shop Volunteers
This one-day course identifies the key elements of how to attract and recruit appropriate volunteers, especially mid to long-term regular 'committed' volunteers.
- Identify how and where to advertise for volunteers
- Devise attractive volunteer role descriptions
- Create processes suitable for your organisation
- Ensure both parties get what they need from an interview (initial meeting)
- Explore the need for targeted recruitment to attract different age groups
- Establish different ways to advertise and attract volunteers
- Undertake practical exercises to identify key points
- Review how to plan for a meaningful and effective interview
- Introductions and housekeeping
- Participant introductions
- Volunteer Prospects
- Why Volunteer?
- Routes to market
- How to market
- The interview process
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
Type of organisation
charitable/not for profit
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.