This half-day course looking at fire safety explores what to do in the event of a fire. The course is designed to give more of a general overview linking into your fire safety policy / procedures and is aimed at all staff, particularly new employees / volunteers in the workplace. This is not fire extinguisher training.
- Discover how fire occurs
- Act safely, confidently and effectively in a fire situation
- Understand the threat posed by fire to people, property and business
- Know what to do in the event of a fire / suspected fire
- Discuss what fire is and how it occurs
- Define the Classification of fire
- Establish how to extinguish a fire
- Assess what to do in the event of a fire
- Welcomes and housekeeping
- Introduction to fire safety
- What fire is
- Relevant statistics
- How fire occurs
- How to extinguish a fire
- Classification of fire
- Fire extinguishers and blankets
- What to do in a fire
Up to 3 hours (i.e. 10am to 1pm) including a 15 minute break
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.