This half-day course explores practical ways of maintaining good food hygiene and safety for those working in a food environment, or for charities and voluntary organisations who provide food to the public, their clients, staff and volunteers.
- Identify ways of maintaining good food hygiene practice
- Reduce risks in food handling and preparation
- Practice good personal and kitchen hygiene
- Explore the five main sources of contamination
- Discuss the three main types of bacteria
- Identify various signs and symptoms (what to look for)
- Recognise how to prevent hazards and contamination
- Welcomes and housekeeping
- Introduction to food safety
- Bacteria (the good the bad and the ugly)
- Food temperatures
- Kitchen management
- Personal hygiene
- Food hazards
- DVD ("Bacteria Bites Business")
Up to 3 hours (i.e. 10am to 1pm) including a 15 minute break
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.