Communication (Delivering the Mission)
This course is designed for organisations which are patient/ customer / community focussed, needing to reflect its ethos (mission) in all areas of service delivery, customer service and public engagement. This course is suitable for staff, managers, trustees and volunteers.
- Define what communication is
- Determine the importance of good communication for you and your organisation
- Recognise the potential impact of bad communication
- Establish how you and your organisation communicates (many different forms)
- Identify who your customers are
- Experience a team working exercise
- Consider how you may make a positive or negative impression
- Introductions and housekeeping
- Course environment code
- What is communication? (Customer Service)
How we communicate
Terminology (inclusive language)
- Mission & Values
- Who are your customers?
- Staff & Volunteer Roles
- Team working
- Personal Impact (positive pulling together)
- Positive / Negative Impact
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
Type of organisation
charitable/not for profit
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.