- Establish key principles of volunteer management
- Identify good practice
- Increase motivation and loyalty
- Value and reward your volunteers
- Demonstrate the concept of the 'Volunteering Culture' (person centred approach)
- Examine the status of volunteers and ways of reducing associated risks
- Discuss ways to manage common issues with volunteers (including personal & professional boundaries)
- Consider why people volunteer and why they don't (establish simple ways to retain them)
- Welcomes and housekeeping
- Participant introductions
- Volunteering culture
- Volunteer status
- Pro's & con's of volunteers
- Personal & professional boundaries
- Support and supervision
- Managing problems
- Management - good practice
- Suspension of volunteers
- Volunteer retention
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm)Including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
This course is suitable for
- In-house 'face to face' training
- Online training 'Live' (using Zoom)
- Webinar sessions
Online training 'Live' (using Zoom)
Our Online training is adjusted to reflect distance working and includes an online etiquette to ensure a smoother learning experience for all participants. Day courses will run as two half days to make it more manageable. For details, see our Service Delivery page.
Webinar (online seminar)*
Taking the main topics from our training day, allowing participants to focus on a specific area only. Each session is delivered ‘live’ online using Zoom for approx 60 mins (plus Q&A). For details, see our Service Delivery page.
Developing a 'Volunteering Culture'
Participants will explore the significance of establishing a ‘Volunteering Culture’ within their organisation (a person centred approach) from the point of initial volunteer interest, to recruitment and ongoing management.
Legal status of volunteers
We will demonstrate how volunteers fit into your organisation from a legal perspective, emphasizing what ‘Rights’ they have and how the Charity can reduce potential risks of legal action by a volunteer.
Managing common volunteer issues
This Webinar will initially discuss elements of good practice before identifying various common management issues (scenarios). Participants are welcome to raise issues of their own to find a management solution.