This one-day course explores how to manage and reduce turnover of volunteers which can be time consuming, and costly. The course is primarily designed for those with responsibility for managing or co-ordinating volunteers.
This course can be run 'In-house' face to face at your premises or 'live' on-line.
- Establish key principles of volunteer management
- Identify good practice
- Increase motivation and loyalty
- Value and reward your volunteers
- Demonstrate the concept of the 'Volunteering Culture' (person centred approach)
- Examine the status of volunteers and ways of reducing associated risks
- Discuss ways to manage common issues with volunteers (including personal & professional boundaries)
- Consider why people volunteer and why they don't (establish simple ways to retain them)
- Welcomes and housekeeping
- Participant introductions
- Volunteering culture
- Volunteer status
- Pro's & con's of volunteers
- Personal & professional boundaries
- Support and supervision
- Managing problems
- Management - good practice
- Suspension of volunteers
- Volunteer retention
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
Type of DELIVERY
Face to face training
'Live' on-line training
Seminar / webinar
£ 35 pp
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking where we have to travel over 80 miles. This will be charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.