Our Volunteer Befriender Training has been designed for a Home from Hospice Service or Befriending Scheme. The training consists of 4 three-hour sessions, which can be run over 2 days or 4 half-day periods. The training can be adapted to reflect your individual service.
- Welcomes & Introductions
- Group Agreement
- Hopes & Anxieties
- Befriending: Definition - What is it?
- Self-awareness (understanding yourself)
- Attributes and personal qualities
- Case Studies 1
- Communication: Active listening - Questioning styles
- Case Studies 2
- Befriending Relationship:
Development of a Helping Relationship
- Preparing for the first meeting
- Referrals & Signposting
- Safeguarding (adults at risk)
- Lone Working
- Monitoring/ tracking process of befriending activity
- Organisation information - policies and procedures
- Equality & Cultural Identity
- Training Evaluation
- What Next?
2 Days up to 6.25 hours per day (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch, or 4 half day sessions up to 3 hours per session (i.e. 10am to 1pm) including a 15 minute break minute break
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.