Our Volunteer Befriender Training has been designed for a Home from Hospice Service or Befriending Scheme. The training consists of 4 three-hour sessions, which can be run over 2 days or 4 half-day periods. The training can be adapted to reflect your individual service.
- Welcomes & Introductions
- Group Agreement
- Hopes & Anxieties
- Befriending: Definition - What is it?
- Self-awareness (understanding yourself)
- Attributes and personal qualities
- Case Studies 1
- Communication: Active listening - Questioning styles
- Case Studies 2
- Befriending Relationship:
Development of a Helping Relationship
- Preparing for the first meeting
- Referrals & Signposting
- Safeguarding (adults at risk)
- Lone Working
- Monitoring/ tracking process of befriending activity
- Organisation information - policies and procedures
- Equality & Cultural Identity
- Training Evaluation
- What Next?
2 Days Up to 6.25 hours per day (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm)
Including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
4 Half days up to 3 hours per session (i.e. 10am to 1pm)
Including a 15 minute break
This course is suitable for
- In-house 'face to face' training only
TYPE OF DELIVERY
FACE TO FACE TRAINING
Training costs include:
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates up to 14 participants
Travel & Overnight costs
Travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles charged at 45p per mile or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Overnight costs are based on individual hotel bookings and reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.