This one-day course explores the basic principles of how to run a good volunteer induction programme and is tailored towards those with specific responsibility for inducting volunteers into their organisation.
- Recognise why the induction process is good for you, your organisation and the volunteer
- Establish key elements of induction and good practice
- Develop your own induction programme specific to your organisation
- Explore participants current practice
- Establish a definition of induction
- Undertake an exercise matching 'volunteer requirements' to 'organisation expectations'
- Examine what other organisations do / recommend
- Welcomes and Housekeeping
- Participant Introductions
- What you currently do (different types of induction)
- Volunteer opportunity categories
- Definition of induction
- Matching Volunteer and Organisation requirements
- Good practice
- Volunteer handbook
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.