Dealing with Difficult People
This one-day course explores key elements of how to deal with difficult people and situations in the work place. It explores how to manage tricky situations with 'customers', colleagues and volunteers with practical tips and tools.
- Increase confidence when dealing with difficult situations
- Develop professionalism when encountering difficult people
- Improve effectiveness in managing problems
- Maintain good practice in all transactions with colleagues and third parties
- Explore behaviour and its effects on others
- Review the three main behaviour types
- Develop effective communication skills
- Discuss ways to manage difficult situations
- Introductions and housekeeping
- Understanding behaviour types
- Communication skills
Assumptions and misunderstandings
Positive and negative feedback
Listening and questioning
- Building Rapport
- Dealing with difficult situations
- The way ahead
Up to 6.25 hours (i.e. 10am to 4:15 pm) including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
Type of organisation
charitable/not for profit
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.