Child Protection (What to do if?)
This half-day course aims to raise awareness of child protection and the issues surrounding abuse and its effects on children. It is designed for those who need to have a greater understanding of this difficult subject and for staff / volunteers working in a care environment.
- Gain a general overview of safeguarding and child protection issues
- Realise the long-term impact of abuse on those affected by it
- Identify your organisation's responsibilities in relation to child protection
- Establish what 'safeguarding' is and where you / your organisation fits into it
- Identify how children can be abused and what signs to look for
- Consider what you should do if you discover or suspect abuse
- Explore ways to help prevent it
- Introductions and housekeeping
- Definition of childhood and abuse
- Relevant statistics / facts
- What is Safeguarding and Child Protection?
- The 4 types of child abuse
- How children can be abused
- Child abuse - Where and by whom
- Long term effects
- Why children might not report abuse
- How to prevent abuse
- What to do if you discover or suspect abuse
- Who to contact
Up to 3 hours (i.e. 10am to 1pm) including a 15 minute break
TYPE OF ORGANISATION
CHARITABLE/NOT FOR PROFIT
Course delivery, training materials, handouts, evaluations and certificates for up to 16 participants.
NB: Additional travel costs may apply for any booking over 80 miles and may be invoiced separately, charged at 45p per mile for car use and / or actual costs of alternative methods of travel. Accommodation costs will be based on individual hotel bookings and will include reasonable subsistence costs dependent on location conditions, applicable at the time.